Call-out for consultant: Independent review of Without Walls’ impact
15 October 2021
Call-out for consultant: Independent review of Without Walls' impact
Without Walls wishes to commission an experienced consultant/s to undertake a review of the impact of the Consortium since becoming an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation (NPO) in 2018.
Now in its fifteenth year, Without Walls has been an NPO of Arts Council England since 2018 and is currently preparing to apply for the next round of funding from 2023 onwards.
Following an initial Impact Study conducted by BOP Consulting in 2016/7, this next report will develop further and provide an update on Without Walls’ impact on artists, festival partners and the wider sector since becoming an NPO as well as monitoring progress against agreed goals.
It is expected that the review will focus on the following key outputs:
- The documented impact Without Walls has had across the sector and identifying gaps or further areas to analyse
- The perception of Without Walls with key stakeholders and audiences
- Progress on the stated aims and commitments made in its Business Plan (2018 – 2023)
- How the work of Without Walls relates to Arts Council England’s 10- year strategy ‘Lets Create’ (2020-2030)
- The efficiency of the data collection and evaluation processes currently used to evaluate Without Walls’ work.
The consultant/s is required to write a report for, and make a presentation to, the Board summarising findings and making recommendations for any potential actions and future research projects.
Without Walls would like the research to take place between November 2021 – February 2022, with an initial review of findings taking place in early February and a final report being presented to the Board in early March.
How to submit a proposal
- How you would approach this brief indicating any issues for consideration
- The proposed methodology, setting out the steps you would take to deliver the work
- The skill and experience of the candidate/s including references and/or examples of previous work
- Estimated timetable for delivery and key deliverables
- Quotation for delivery of the work – we would expect the contract not to be more than £9,500 (inclusive of VAT), which includes any expenses and overheads. An additional budget will be made available to fund access and inclusion needs if required
The ideal candidate/s will have:
- Demonstrable experience of the arts and cultural sector in the UK
- Ability to work collaboratively and achieve key deadlines
- Experience of undertaking consultancy work and relevant research methodologies
- Experience of analysing data, conducting interviews and presenting clear reports
- An understanding of Arts Council England’s funding streams and their Let’s Create strategy
- A record of delivering similar research projects
- An understanding of the outdoor arts sector
We welcome proposals from agencies and partnerships as well as individuals. Members of the Board, including the Chair, Josephine Burns (Founder and Senior Associate of BOP Consulting) will support the delivery of this work alongside the XTRAX Management team. The candidate will be required to meet with them (online or in person) and report to them as part of the process.
Please send your proposal to Annika Edge, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are open to receiving submissions by video (of up to 10 minutes in length). The deadline for receipt of tenders is 12 noon, 4 November 2021. For further information or to set up an informal discussion before applying please contact Annika Edge at email@example.com.