Seminar Recording: a practical guide on how to create, promote and tour your work
For this seminar we invited speakers with expertise in the outdoor arts sector to speak on how to create, promote and tour your work
Seminar on Promoting, touring and pricing outdoor work
Aimed at artists wanting to create work for the outdoors as well as those more established outdoor companies, this seminar in 2018, offered a practical guide on how to create, promote and tour your work in the outdoor sector.
This seminar covered the following areas:
- How to keep costs down and correctly pricing outdoor work
- Promoting your work to promoters: Do’s and don’ts
- Information about touring opportunities in the UK and internationally
- What to consider when planning an international tour
- Top tips for making your shows sustainable for long-term touring
For this seminar we invited speakers with expertise in the outdoor arts sector and experience of creating and touring work in many contexts across Europe and beyond:
- Camille Beaumier, Creative Producer at NoFit State Circus
- Anthony Missen, co-Artistic Director at Company Chameleon
- Anna Shlonsky, Administrator and Tour Booker at Acrojou
- The seminar was chaired by Anaïs Biaux (Project Manager at XTRAX)
This workshop was aimed at both emerging companies and artists new to the outdoor sector who are looking to take their work outdoors, as well as more established companies ready to take their work beyond the UK. This seminar was supported by Without Walls Associate Touring Network, a group of festival partners who work together to support the onward touring of work commissioned by Without Walls across England to diverse audiences in areas of low engagement with the arts.
The ATN is supported by Arts Council England through the Strategic Touring Fund and managed by XTRAX.