This summer, we’re proud to bring exceptional outdoor performances directly to audiences across the UK, particularly communities without high-quality arts activity and those most affected by Covid-19.
The touring programme will see 27 productions*, previously commissioned and supported by Without Walls, return following past successful showings across the UK. From the epic to the more intimate performances, these exciting and ground-breaking productions will enable audiences to reconnect with culture and their communities in a way that ensures Covid-safety.
From works created in response to Covid-19 to those inspired by social and environmental issues, these touring productions mirror our rapidly changing society in a powerful yet entertaining way. These exceptional outdoor productions will tour to towns, cities and rural areas across the UK including events at Basingstoke Festival, The Arches Festivals in Worcester, Grimsby’s Festival of the Sea, SO Festival in Lincolnshire, Arts by the Sea Festival in Bournemouth, Theatre Orchard’s Whirligig! and Arts + Health Week, and Appetite’s The Big Feast in Stoke on Trent with more dates to be announced.
Work scheduled to tour through our touring network partnership includes*:
- Adrift, Kapow Dance Circus Theatre
- BEES! The Colony, Artizani
- BOING, Plunge Boom
- Captive, Motionhouse
- Catch Me, Upswing
- Congregation, Ray Lee
- Ear Trumpet, Gobbledegook Theatre
- Frock, Stopgap Dance Company
- Ghost Caribou, Thingumajig Theatre
- Hold On, Stefano Di Renzo
- How I Hacked My Way Into Space, Unlimited Theatre
- In Memoriam, Luke Jerram
- Lance Moi En l’air, Joli Vyann
- Lifted, Mimbre
- Look Up, Hikapee
- Museum of the Moon, Luke Jerram
- My House, Apocalyptic Circus
- Recovery Poems, Emergency Exit Arts, Robert Montgomery and Deanne Rodger
- ON EDGE, Justice in Motion
- Routes, Theatre Témoin
- The Actual Reality Arcade, Matthew Harrison
- The Band at the End of the World, Ramshacklicious
- The JukeBoxes, Bootworks Theatre
- The Tide, Talawa Theatre Company
- Urban Astronaut, Highly Sprung
- Vegetable Nannies, Plunge Boom
- Wild, Motionhouse
We will share more about these projects on our website and social media – so connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. And we would like to thank everyone involved and notably Arts Council England for giving us the financial means to continue investing in artists to research and develop new work.
*The presentation and touring of outdoor shows is dependent on local, regional and national covid health and safety legislation. We are monitoring the COVID situation carefully and working with artists and partners to present work carefully and safely. Please check directly with our festival partners about the festival programmes – all of which is subject to change.